Here are the new Spring 2014 cheek stains by Tarte. I’m really loving the cute new packaging! These cheek stains are nicely pigmented and can be built up to achieve more intense stain if desired. The eight shades include True Love, Natural Beauty, Exposed, Blissful, Tipsy, Blushing Bride, Flush, and Fearless. The rounded top cheek stains are gel based, while the flat top stains are a cream based formula. All of the cheek stains are easy to blend and can be applied with your finger tips or a brush. I prefer using a small stipple brush to apply them.
Besides wearing the cheek stains alone, I like to layer a similar powder blush shade on top for even extra lasting power. This technique is especially great for hot, humid Summer days.
Tarte cheek stains retail for $30.00 USD each and contain 0.5 ounces of product. Even though 0.5 ounces sounds like a small amount, the stains are very well pigmented therefore they should last a long time.
Each of the eight cheek stains have a coordinating Tarte Power Pigment shade. I will be posting pictures and swatches of the power pigments in a separate post.
*Click images to enlarge.
- The first cheek stain is True Love. It’s a beautiful sheer watermelon shade.
- The next shade is Natural Beauty. This is a sheer warm rosy red color.
- Then, there’s Exposed, which is a nude pink. It’s formerly known as “Awakening”.
- The next cheek stain is Blissful. This is a warm peach shade.
- After that, there’s Tipsy, which is a sheer coral color.
- Next up is Blushing Bride, a rosy pink shade.
- The next stain is Flush. It’s a sheer berry color.
- Lastly, we have Fearless, a pink coral color.