Can’t think of anything to wear this Halloween? Don’t have a costume? Then think about doing a sugar skull makeup look. It’s easier than it looks and there’s no wrong way to do it. Be as creative as you want!
I used Violet Voss glitter in Parker and Piper, Anastasia Beverly Hills Waterproof Crème Color in Jet, ABH Tamanna Palette, Maybelline Color Tattoo in Fuchsia Fever, Iris by Myth Cosmetics, and NYX Jumbo Pencil in Milk.
Lenses: Eye Candy’s lenses in Neo Lucky Clover Green.
Flower halo: Mad for Halos.
Lashes: # 080 from Elegant Lashes.
Lipstick: Twilight from @justlovemonae on Instagram.
Brushes used: Luxie Beauty. **Use the code Cassie for 15% off your Luxie Beauty purchase.
Steps to achieve this look:
- I first applied a layer of BB cream all over my face. I used one from Tarte.
- Next, I sketched out the eye sockets with Anastasia Beverly Hills Crème Color in Jet and started to shade them in.
- After that, I applied Maybelline Color Tatttoo in Fuchsia Fever all over my eye area and blended it into the black.
- Next, I applied Iris over the color tattoo and blended Noir from the Tamanna Palette around the outer part of the eye sockets.
- Then, I lined my upper lash line with the Crème Color in Jet and lined my lower lash line with Noir. I also blended Noir into the crease of my eye.
- I then applied my lashes and applied Tarte’s Lights, Camera, Lashes Mascara to my lower lashes.
- Next, I sketched out my nasal cavity with the Crème Color in Jet and filled it in.
- After that, I applied NYX Jumbo Pencil in Milk to my face using a buffing brush and a small precise eye shadow brush for smaller areas like around my nose and between my eyebrows.
- Then I drew flower petals around my right eye and applied glitter to the center of each petal.
- After, I drew lines along my cheeks extending from the corners of my mouth to my ears blending Noir underneath the line and then adding a touch of Iris as well.
- Next, I shaded the center of my lips with the Crème Color in Jet and applied Twilight lipstick to the remaining part of my lips
- Then, I drew stitches with the Crème Color in Jet.
- Finally, I set the white parts of my face with a white highlighting powder–you can use translucent if that’s all you have.
We’ve all had those days when we’re exhausted but don’t want to look like we’ve been up all night. Whether you’ve had a late night studying or were out partying with friends, you can fool everyone with these tips:
- One thing you can do is make sure you use a highlighting concealer under your eyes to brighten up the under eyes and conceal any dark circles you may have.
- Another way to appear more awake is to curl your eyelashes and apply some mascara to your upper and lower lashes. Curling your lashes opens up the eye. You can even take it a step further and apply some false lashes which will make your eyes appear larger and more awake.
- Also, you can line your waterline with a cream colored pencil or a shimmery champagne colored one. You’d probably want to avoid black liner on the waterline just because it can tend to close up the eyes and make them appear smaller.
- Another tip is to add a shimmery eyeshadow to the inner corners of your eyes. This highlights the area and brings light into your eyes.
- You can also line your upper lash line. This will make your eyes appear larger.
In the picture below I’ve utilized the tips I’ve mentioned. As you can see I appear wide awake and bright eyed.
Complete product details:
Simple eye look with a pop of teal using Anastasia Beverly Hills
contour powders in Vanilla and Nude, ABH Metallic Luster Liner in Liquid Gold, ABH Waterproof Creme Color in Azure, Cultureshock Cosmetics
eyeshadow in Emerald, Hair and Makeup Addiction
brushes, are Tarte Cosmetics
Amazonian Clay Waterproof Brow Mousse in Taupe, their Amazonian Clay tinted brow gel in Taupe, and Luna @lapetitlapinlashes.
1.) Prime your lid(I used Urban Decay Anti-aging Primer Potion).
2.) Apply Vanilla all over your lid.
3.) Blend Nude into your crease.
4.) Line your upper lash line with Azure.
5.) Apply Emerald over top of Azure.
6.) Line your lower lash line and waterline with Liquid Gold.
7.) Apply @lapetitlapinlashes in Luna, @tartecosmetics Lights, Camera, Lashes mascara to your lower lashes, and highlight your tear duct with a champagne shadow.
On my brows I used @tartecosmetics Amazonian Clay Waterproof Brow Mousse in Taupe and their tinted brow gel in Taupe.
Here’s the complete look:
The flower halo is from Mad For Halos.